12.05.2010

Handmade, Heartmade Inspiration

I'm someone who always needs a craft to do.  A child of the 80's, I probably had as many homemade hair bows as the average kid had slap bracelets or Popples.  Since then, my love for crafting has evolved and, I'd like to think, matured into a heart for making homemade goodies for patients and people in need.  Hence the birth of "Handmade, Heartmade!"

Recently, I've been inspired by my cousin's struggle with cancer.  Only 2 years old, he was diagnosed with neuroblastoma, a type of cancer that occurs in children 5 and under.  Feeling helpless, I wanted to send him something, so I made him a hat on my "Knifty Knitter."  Not wanting his sister to feel left out, I made her one as well.  Then, my hands wouldn't stop!  In the 3 weeks since I found out about his diagnosis, I've made 23 hats for little preemies, infants, children, and young adults!  In a few more days, I'll donate them to the local Ronald McDonald House.  I'll let you know the official final count.  My goal was 25 hats, so I'm @ least sure to make that.  Wahoo!  :)

My Knifty Knitters and Me :)

2 comments:

  1. Love this Ashley! I had fun today with you :) You've done an amazing job with your sweet hats. Kids will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had fun with you, too! Thank you for taking the pictures of me and my hats! I'll be posting the hat pics soon. :)

    ReplyDelete